Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Random

I realized that I hadn't said much about the kids and what they are up to, so this is just a update on the kiddos post! :)
Kinsley has grown up so much in the last few months.  She will be three in June and she really is such a sweet spirited little girl.  She is so helpful to me, whether it is with Cooper, cooking, folding, pretty much just about everything she wants to help with.  She has turned into such a little mommy.  She is constantly carrying "Holly" (her doll) around, sshhing her, burping her, feeding her (yes, even trying to breastfeed), pushing her in her stroller, sitting her in high chair, putting her to sleep.  I have even been kicked out of room because she is trying to put Holly to sleep.  She is just hilarious.  The things that come out of her mouth are priceless.   The other day at my parents house we told Kinsley that we were going to hunt for eggs, and she looks at my dad and says "How fun is that, Boppy?".  Just little things like that make us laugh so hard.  She is such a lover and such an affectionate child.  I hope that she never stops being affectionate.  As wonderful as she is, she is super strong willed.  The other day she screamed "no" at me 7 times in a row, and she has her fair share of tantrums with kicking and screaming.  There are days when I feel like I am failing as a mom because the work that I put into disciplining seems to not be working.  But I know the Lord is faithful and I know that I will see the fruits of my labor someday.  Oh how I pray for both her and Cooper's heart to be softened and come to have a personal relationship with Christ.  I know that is every Christian parents prayer as well.  But I adore this sweet girl and I try to soak up all the hugs and "I love you's" because I know she will grow up before I am ready for her to.
My little man!!  Cooper is 11 months and growing up way too fast!! He is probably the most active child, he is walking everywhere, actually almost running.  He started walking at 8 months and hasn't slowed down since.  He pushes his trucks all over the house and all outside.  He is clapping, and just started to wave "bye bye", and when he does it he says "hi".  It is super cute if I do say so myself.  He loves to dance and play with his sister.  I love watching them play together.  He just follows her around like a lost puppy dog sometimes.  No one can make him laugh more than Kinsley.  He is has 13 teeth and is cutting his fourth molar.  Needless to say this boy whines quite a bit because he has been teething for so long! :) He is going to be strong willed like his sister.  I  have already seen the temper tantrums.  Boy am I in trouble!  But like Kinsley, he is so affectionate and loves to run up to Chris and I and give us huge hugs and then go back to what he was doing.  I have blessed beyond what I deserve with these kiddos and I pray that I never take a day for granted!  

7 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Oh Kim, that was so sweet. You are such a great mom. Keep up the good (hard) work. I have moments too when I'm like - Lord, what do I do?! Praise Him we can come before His throne and seek wisdom and council because boy do us moms need it some days. It's so true that they grow up way too quick. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. Really, if I could freeze time I would. Love you friend! Come to WA and visit me :)

Aimee said...

Great post Kim! They are growing up fast, aren't they! I can't believe Jon Jon will be two this summer! When did that happen? Hey, you forgot to mention that Kinsley likes to give Holly "reminders" as well...that was my favorite when we were at your house a few months back =)

Jamie said...

love the fun bath times with the kids. Kinsley looks so cute and happy and coopers face cracks me up! You are like a pro blogger now, wow!

Jamie said...

and yes to what sara said you are a great mom!

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

Just love the pics and the stories... I know how you feel with the little attitudes... I have found that Lauren tests me every couple months... I stick to my guns for about a week and she goes back to normal... always a fun week!!!! Love the updates!!!!Don't you just love the little helper stage!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute, Kim, and I love reading about your sweet little ones!! I am still having those attitude problems with my boys too (scary) and I think it's just another little reminder that we can't do this whole child-raising thing on our own strength! Love you and miss seeing you!

jorden9879 said...

Kim,
what sweet little ones. I can't believe Cooper has 13 teeth. Brooklyn is cutting her eigth and I thought that was alot. I was hoping that would be it for awhile but if she follows Cooper she might just keep going. Yicks! Love the pictures and updates. I love the Kinsley kicked you out of the room because she was putting her baby doll to bed. SWEET!!!