Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday!

April 10th is such a beautiful day. It brought three incredible women into the world and these three women were therefore brought into my life!

Happy Birthday Karen Gormley!!! Karen was my roommate in college when we went to Master's. We didn't room our freshman year but the last three we we were always "roommies". I can not think of someone else I would want to have roomed (sp?) with, she was pure joy to live with. There was never an argument, never an altercation, just tons of love and laughs. She was always the biggest encourager to me whether it was praying for me or leaving me notes. The Lord put us perfectly together. Karen is a friend that I hope to have in my life forever. Even though her and I don't talk as much her friendship continually brings smiles to my face. Her love for the Lord, her passion for her job and her endless love for her friends are just a few of the things that I adore about her. I feel blessed to call her my friend! I love you Karen!

Happy Birthday Melinda Cassol!!! Melinda and I lived on the same wing in Hotchkiss at Master's. And we talked some in college, but it wasn't until after college and we started working together that the Lord really brought us close. She is the most giving, loving, compassionate and funny girls I know. I have thanked the Lord for her many, many times. I couldn't imagine Legacy without you. To see your face in the front office was one of my favorite memories of Legacy! Now Melinda is living up north with her sweet husband and her daughter Emma (and pregnant again :)), but even though we live so far away whenever we see each other it is like no time has gone by. I have always said this is a sign of a true friend. I love you my sweet friend!!

Happy Birthday Jamie Hill!!! This special girl is one of my very best friends! Jamie and I have such kindred spirits. The Lord knew that we needed each other in each others lives. Our friendship has sustained many highs and some hard times, but I honestly believe that we are closer now than ever. I honestly don't believe that there are words that can describe my adoration and love for Jamie. I am a better woman because of her and her faithfulness to the Lord. She is such an example to me of unending trust in the Lord and I will always pray for that same strength in my life as well. I love you Jamie Hill and can't imagine my life without you!

4 comments:

jorden9879 said...

Kim this post was really sweet and fun to read. I hope to give you a call and catch up very soon.

Jamie said...

Hi Loveyyyy!!! We just finished our Easter celebration! I wondered what you and Erin were doing today. It's such a blessing to be celebrated on your blog and to share my bday with such special girls. I wish we could have been together on my day too. Dinner with you is like heaven to me. I had such a good Birthday!

jorden9879 said...

Kim-
I thought I would respond to you on your blog cause I didn't know if you would check my comments again. Wouldn't that be so amazing if God had Brooklyn and Cooper together some day! Dreaming... The coat is great! Nothing a needle and some thread can't fix. We will get lots of use out of it being that in rains and rains and rains here. Can you tell I am ready for summer. Love you tons.

Karen said...

You are so sweet Kim!! I'm sorry that I'm just getting to blogs right now!!! Sometimes I forget about the blogs. But um, totally brought a little tear to my eye reading your April 10th bday comment. You are so sweet Kim and I was completely blessed as well to have been your roommie at TMC! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!! You are such a treasure of a friend! It's so fun and encouraging to watch your family grow!