Sunday, October 25, 2009

Summer Recap

I just have to laugh when I realize my last post was 4th of July! Wow, am I little behind or what?? And since Erin is now a blogging queen, it motivated me to do a little posting. But like I have said from the beginning, I probably won't be great at keeping up with this but I know you all still love me! :) So I decided to wrap up a few of the things we did this summer all together in one post. Sorry that it is kind of long! One of things we did was go to the Santa Barbara Zoo with the Brookes. I ADORE this zoo and it was Melissa's first time, so it was even more fun showing her and the kids all the animals. It is a much smaller zoo so there aren't a TON of animals but the ones that are there are super close!!

Seeing how big an eagle's wing span is.

Going anywhere with kids is always a little difficult but ALWAYS so fun! Melissa and I also drove to Bakersfield and saw Staci! We had soooo much fun seeing her and kids. We went to Chick Fil A for lunch with all 7 of our kids. This is a picture of the kids in one of slides they had in the play area. Staci was pregnant here and she just had her second boy Daxton James! Congrats my sweet friend!!

We also took a trip to Palm Springs with Kurt and Becky (with no children). It was VERY last minute and VERY short, but anytime with them is priceless. The boys golfed and Becky and I went and vegged at the pool. It was so nice to catch up without the distraction of kids. We adore the Fillmore's and hope we can make this an annual event!!

Can you believe Kurt's beard??? He had to grow it out for work, but it is shaven back a little bit now.
We also took a couple trips to the beach, one time with the Brookes and another time with just us. We had a blast and the kids LOVED playing in the sand. Chris and I have said we need to take advantage of living by the beach more. We don't go very often but when we do we always have a great time!!
Love this kid!!
We buried Kinsley and Jake in the sand. Better her than me, I can't stand having sand in every crevice of my body! She loved it!



Let's just take notice of Kinsley's hair. Poor thing, her mommy does not know what to do with it because her baby hairs are growing out and they are at a very awkward length. I can't wait till those hairs grow out and I can do some fun things with her hair!
I adore this sweet girl!


The best picture out of all our attempts to take a family picture. You should have seen the other ones! :) The Lord has blessed me immensely with my wonderful family. Thanks for looking at my long overdue post!! Love you guys!!

5 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

LOVE the new post! So much fun and your kids are SO adorable!

Joe, Erin, Drew, and Drake said...

Kimmy, I am so proud of you!! I love your pictures, I love your kids so much I just want to jump through the screen and kiss them, also Melissa's kids, they just get more and more beautiful! Love you friend!

The Parsons' blog said...

KIM!!!! It made my heart so happy when I saw there was a new post from you. Yay! I LOVE all the pictures. I wish with all my heart I could meet your sweet children...we're coming down in November??? You going to be around?? Keep blogging, I love it. Lots of love to you! XX Sara

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

Love the update... good to have you back... we still have to meet up at Discovery!!!!

Aimee said...

Great Pictures Kim! I've been waiting for a new post from you! =) It was so good to catch up with you the other day...we can't wait for you to come visit us in Kauai! =)